Narottama Dasa Thakura
This bhajana is a powerful example of Vaisnava literature. There are many variations that abound. If one wishes to do advanced research this is a respectable point of departure.
This is such a beautiful expression of spiritual emotion and service. I wish I could post an audio link that would be befitting it and Srila Prabhupada’s stature while admitting my fraility in being able to make comment.
Sri Rupa Manjari Pada
The Feet of Sri Rupa Manjari
1. sri-rupa-manjari-pada, sei mora sampada, sei mor bhajana-pujana
2. sei mora prana-dhana, sei mora abharana, sei mor jivanera jivana
3. sei mora rasa-nidhi, sei mora vancha-siddhi, sei mor vedera dharama
4. sei brata, sei tapa, sei mora mantra-japa, sei mor dharama-karama
5. anukula habe vidhi, se-pade hoibe siddhi, nirakhibo e dui nayane
6. se rupa-madhuri-rasi, prana-kuvalaya-sasi, praphullita habe nisi-dine
7. tuwa adarsana-ahi, garale jaralo dehi, ciro-dina tapita jivana
8. ha ha rupa koro doya, deho more pada-chaya,narottama loilo sarana
1) The lotus feet of Sri Rupa Manjari are my treasure, my devotional service, and my object of worship.
2) They give my life meaning, and They are the life of my life.
3) They are the perfection of rasa, and they are perfection worthy of attainment. They are the very law of the Vedic scriptures for me.
4) They are the meaning of all my fasts and penances and my silent uttering of my mantras. They are the basis of religion and activities.
5) By the purifying process of favorable devotional service one will attain perfection and with these two eyes be able to see.
6) His transcendental form is shining like moonlight in my heart, and my heart therefore shines and reciprocates. In other words, the ordinary moon lights up the night, and its shine illuminates other objects; but the moon of the effulgence of the form of Sri Rupa Manjari shines into the heart and makes the heart also shine back to the spiritual sky. This moon shines not only in the nighttime, but day and night.
7) Your absence from my vision is like a dose of strong poison, and I will suffer till the end of my life.
8) Narottama Dasa Thakura says: “Please give me your mercy and the shade of your lotus feet.”